Monday, May 4, 2009


I was young when I left home
And I been out rambling round
And I never wrote a letter to my home
To my home, lord, to my home
No I never wrote a letter to my home.

It was just the other day
I was drinking on my pay
When I met an old friend I used to know
Said, "Your mother is dead and gone
And your sister’s all gone wrong
And your daddy needs you home right away."

Not a shirt on my back
Not a penny on my name
And I can't go home this way
This way, lord, this way
No I can't go home this way.
Used to tell my ma sometimes
When I see them riding blind
Gonna make me a home out in the wind
In the wind, lord in the wind
Make me a home out in the wind.

I don't like it in the wind
Wanna go back home again
But I can't go home this way
This way, lord, lord, lord
No I can’t go home this way.

No comments: